The life and work of artist, farmer, Golden Retriever breeder,etc.... Lisa Head Harbidge

Friday, February 18, 2011

Stone Cold


One of my smaller lambs was unfortunately tramped yesterday afternoon in the sheep pen. When I found him he was stiffened,stone cold and frozen into the ground. With all the signs of a dying animal, I brought him in the house to pass on peacefully. A very faint flair of the nostrils alerted me there was still a flicker of hope. So after spending the night nursing him, I was amazed to see this little guy awake and hungry this morning and with a little help walking again by this afternoon. He beat the odds. Our girl Ember has claimed this lamb as her own by cleaning it,sleeping with it and depending it from the other goldens.Sometimes hope is all we have, but sometimes that is enough...